1. We offer the client to draw out openly several cards (5-7), which will symbolize important milestones in the life of the client that have already occurred. You can decompose the cards in chronology on a sheet of paper, write the dates of these events.
2. We ask the client to draw cards (3) in a blind way, which will symbolize: "Events for which I am ashamed."
3. 3 cards (can be more) in the blind way: "Events that hurt me".
4. 3 cards (can be more) in the blind way: "Events when I felt happy."
5. The client draws blindly 3 cards: "Invaluable experience of my past" or "Important lessons for me."
In detail we discuss with the client each of the items of the exercise. Please write down the conclusions.
As a rule, after a detailed analysis of his past, "Looking at him from the outside," it's easier for a client to part with the "load" of grievances and disappointments that have weighed on him for many years.
Author of the exercise: Natalia Borisova