The course of the exercise:
- The Cope cards are displayed on the table with pictures up.
- The presenter says: "Choose one of the cards as an image of your inner shadow - it will denote everything that suppresses you, your unresolved problems, pains and sorrows."
- All participants choose on the card and put it to their left.
- The presenter continues: "Choose another card that symbolizes all your dreams, expectations, aspirations."
- Participants select the second card and put it to their right.
- The facilitator shuffles the rest of the COPE cards and invites participants to draw three more cards blindly from her.
- Then these cards are opened and laid out between the first two cards, forming a "bridge" between "shadow" and "dreams."
- Participants are invited to come up with a story about crossing this bridge, from a card of doubts and an inner struggle to a card of hopes and fulfilled desires.
- Think about what could facilitate this transition.
Source: Guide to the deck "Cope"