Stress, as well as crisis or traumatic situations, cause strong physical and mental suffering. They destroy the foundations of our familiar world, but, on the other hand, they can contribute to the processes of change and further personal growth.
- The client is offered to shuffle the deck and, without opening the cards, divide it into four stacks.
- Then the client is asked to recall any example of a stress, crisis or injury from his life.
- Further, the client is offered to open the top card of each of the stacks, referring to the cards of each stack, as answering the following questions:
- The first stack - What did you lose in this crisis?
- The second stack - What were you ready to donate to?
- TheThird stack - What did you get as a result of this event?
- The fourth stack - What would you like to get as a result of the experienced?
Note: If one card from a stack is not enough to answer the question, or some card does not match the experiences of the participant, then you may open additional cards from the corresponding stack.
Reflectionof the exercises: what discoveries did you do during the exercise?
Source: Guide to the deck "Cope"